5 minutes with rob Thomas

Aug
Friday 2, August 2013 - 3:00 am | Backstage Pass
927x588

Rob Thomas (more)… after seeing the Matchbox Twenty show in LA on July 17th.  The music speaks for itself – amazing. But it’s his energy, dance moves & that look in his eyes that made me a bigger fan after watching him belt out hit after hit during the show – Meet Rob Thomas….

MATCHBOX20

Comments

• Lisa | Tuesday 20, August 2013 - 8:29 pm

saw MB20 and goo goo dolls in Hershey, Pa august 14. both were great. Rob puts his heart and soul into every song. fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lori Shontz | Tuesday 13, August 2013 - 7:03 am

Seen them in Moline Il. in July! what a great show!!!!!! always loved Matchbox 20 and the Goo Goo Dolls! but Wow have a new found respect for Rob Thomas, he put his heart and soul into every song! it was Awesome!!! LOVED my favorite Bright Lights on the Piano!!!!!!

• Stephanie | Saturday 3, August 2013 - 6:14 pm

What can I say that hasn’t been said about Rob Thomas? He’s a great singer/songwriter/entertainer and has a huge heart for our furry friends. He has passion and compassion, which is a rare quality these days. I can’t wait to see Matchbox Twenty on August 14th – keep rocking, Rob!!

• Joanne Fitzgerald | Saturday 3, August 2013 - 9:33 am

The first time I heard a song from Rob’s first solo album I thought to myself, “I’ve got to get more of his music … what a voice!” There are few singers that sound just a good in concert as they do in a recording and Rob is one of those people. The rich tone of his voice is unique and that combined with his soft southern sounds that still resonate from his youth make him one of a kind. I’m happy to even hear him just talking!

• Kathy | Saturday 3, August 2013 - 8:38 am

Rob Thomas is awesome. Not only what he does for the music industry, but also what he does for animals with Sidewalk Angels. Saw Matchbox at the Gorge in Washington. Which happens to be one of his favorite venues to play. Also so him do an acoustic show at Coeur d’Alene Casino to benefit The Sidewalk Angels. WOW! What an entertainer he is. The one person I would truly love to meet because of the big heart he has. Please come back to our neck of the woods and rock us once again.

• Summer | Friday 2, August 2013 - 9:50 pm

I’ve saw matchbox twenty like 7 times even saw rob a few times on his solo album he is the bomb always a great show and definitely my all time favorite artist! Have saw this north tour well aug 21 will be 3 times he’s great

• Deb | Friday 2, August 2013 - 8:22 pm

Love you Rob!!! Your music rocks me, and speaks to my soul. What a gift. Please keep on making your great music with Matchbox 20. We have missed it!

• Brenda T | Friday 2, August 2013 - 7:47 pm

Cant’ wait to see them Aug 24th..I’ve been Rob Thomas fan for a while and looking forward it.

• Paula | Friday 2, August 2013 - 7:27 pm

You haven’t lived until you’ve locked eyes with Rob Thomas and heard his incredible voice. Thank god for that voice, Rob! And thanks for all the great songs that touch our hearts and souls.

• SConn86 | Friday 2, August 2013 - 6:46 pm

Have loved RobThomas for years and was lucky enough to see him in Pittsburgh in June…was on my bucket list. Loved MB2, along with the GGD. My friend , sisters, and my nieces all went…great time! Rob sounded like all of his recorded music live, too…can’t always say that about most live performers.

• Shelly | Friday 2, August 2013 - 2:58 pm

What is your favorite thing to do while you are touring? and what keeps you going because its tough being out on the road for year at a time? Do you every think you will come back to Denver anytime soon? (mainly red rocks I’m Just Saying) :O) where do your song come from?

• Misty | Friday 2, August 2013 - 2:55 pm

I have seen MB20 as well as Rob Thomas on his solo tour 5x’s and you are absolutely correct when you said that it is his energy he puts off is captivating. The lyrics to all of his songs have such deep meanings that I can listen to him (and I do) for hours on in. In person when you see him pound his chest and veins popping out of his neck you just fall in love with him and his music. Not too mention he is a down earth beautiful man inside and out. Love the interview. Thanks for posting.

• Donna | Friday 2, August 2013 - 2:07 pm

Love knowing more about Rob!! I seen them on July 7th, it was awesome!!

• Adrienne | Friday 2, August 2013 - 2:02 pm

Love Love Rob! Thx for ur music.

• Joanne Thompson | Friday 2, August 2013 - 1:41 pm

ROB THOMAS IS A GREAT SONG WRITER. HE WRITES WITH HIS HEART, THAT IS OBVIOUS!! I LOVE ALL OF HIS MUSIC WITH OR WITHOUT MATCHBOX 20!! I WOULD LOVE TO SPEND 5 MINUTES WITH HIM BECAUSE HE IS GENUINE AND KIND!! LOVE HIM!!

• Joanne Thompson | Friday 2, August 2013 - 1:37 pm

ROB THOMAS IS A GREAT SONG WRITER. HE WRITES WITH HIS HEART THAT IS OBVIOUS!! I LOVE ALL OF HIS MUSIC WITH OR WITHOUT MATCHBOX 20!! I WOULD LOVE TO SPEND 5 MINUTES WITH HIM BECAUSE HE IS GENUINE AND KIND!! LOVE HIM SOOOO!!!

• jen | Friday 2, August 2013 - 12:31 pm

Matchbox Twenty is AMAZING! Once is never enough once you have seen them live!

• karincole | Friday 2, August 2013 - 2:52 pm

Couldn’t have said it any better – thanks for reading!