Lucky in Old San Juan

Feb
Wednesday 29, February 2012 - 6:00 am | Travel Journal

Lucky Brand Spring 2012 Life in Color David Gandy and Missy Rayder

The Lucky team spent a charming (and undeniably heat stricken) week in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico shooting our Spring 2012 campaign: “Life in Color”. And it wasn’t just the climate that caused temperatures to rise; the talents of Carter Smith, David Gandy and Missy Rayder literally had us standing in awe beneath the candy-colored walls flanking the city.

Check out our exclusive behind the scenes snapshots and video . . .

Lucky Brand Behind the Scenes Puerto Rico David Gandy Lucky Brand Life in Color Spring 2012  Carter Smith Lucky Brand Spring 2012Lucky Brand Spring 2012 Life in Color Behind the Scene Video ole hat shop Old San Juan, Puerto Rico Lucky Brand Crew Spring 2012 Life in Color Lucky Brand Spring 2012 Life in Color Behind the Scenes Missy Rayder Lucky Brand Behind the Scenes Missy Rayder El Convento Hotel Old San Juan, Puerto Rico

I immediately fell for the little hidden markings of Old San Juan—just like that perfectly worn patch on my favorite pair of skinny jeans—a heart carved into one of many pebbles in a cobblestone alley, the master of custom panama hats only to be found at “ole,” and the unforgettable made-to-order warm waffle cones that became a signature indulgence during our stay!

We sure did live a colorful week in this 465-year-old neighborhood; throw in a vintage apple-red Chevy, a day at the beach shooting an exclusive film with Carter to document our time in Puerto Rico, and a perfect rainbow appearing just as we wrapped our last shot. What luck, indeed!

Comments

• Forrest Armstrong | Monday 30, April 2012 - 10:49 pm

@suzie its Lucky’s 121 Heritage slim pants in red.

• suzie | Saturday 17, March 2012 - 11:23 am

what style of jeans is the model wearing? the dark denim with flat pockets in print ad and above? cannot find on website!

• Angeline Davis | Friday 16, March 2012 - 10:59 am

It’s unfortunate that Missy Ryder looks like Courtney Robertson from “The Bachelor”. When I first saw the ads and thought it was Courtney, I vowed never to purchase Lucky Brand again. I like Lucky so I’m relieved it’s not her, however, I’m not sure many other people will be able to tell and it may adversely affect sales.

• Camille Henry | Wednesday 7, March 2012 - 6:57 pm

Just booked a trip to Old San Juan for August, staying at El Convento also. Will bringing my Lucky jeans and shirts.

• heartoftexasbooks | Monday 5, March 2012 - 1:07 pm

Thanks, I’m a huge David Gandy fan–so I love this campaign. Question: Was the red convertible already on the island–or did you fly it in just for the photoshoot?

• Yvette Medina | Wednesday 29, February 2012 - 3:39 pm